Friday, February 1, 2008

@Brindavan Gardens

15 years ago..............when I had visited Brindavan Gardens in Mysore.... as a KID...was totally fascinated..... Vast garden with millions of flowers, innumerable fountains, huge dam, lights, musical fountains. All was really a great experience then......

Recently got a chance to visit this place again.....and got really inquisitive and excited to see the place after 15 years..... I am sure each one of us will get excited to see something after such a long period and a totally different perspective to look at the same thing.....

When I reached the Brindavan Gardens, the 1st thing I did was dropped my luggage in my hotel room, and went for a stroll around the gardens....trying to feel nostalgic, reviewing the changes that the place has gone through....

And was very saddened to see the flowers....there were hardly any compared to the millions then.... I was surprised....a garden of this stature has no flowers; a garden is always known by its flowers..... This led me to talk to one of the caretakers there.......... he told me that though tourists still flock this place like mad....but no one really now takes care of the garden.....there were countless people involved in the upholding the beauty of the place then but today the things have changed...

Then I was curious to see the Dam..... Went to see the Dam...and thought of walking on it.....but thanks to the police ....was not allowed, as visitors are no more allowed to walk on it....

Now I was eagerly waiting for the sun to set, for the dark....when the Garden actually looks the best.....with all the lights..........And surprisingly it hasn't changed much...still the lights made the place look beautiful....all sorts of fountains..... and there was still the same mad rush to see the musical fountain it was 15 years ago..........

One thing for sure, the evening made many ill maintained parts hidden in the darkness.

But it was really nice to be back...............................

No comments: