Saturday, March 3, 2007

Memories@Holi

Today is HOLI eve…… and tomorrow HOLI. At the moment I am reminded of one of the most eventful days I had in my life….. Same day last year (Holi day)….

I can call that day of 2006 as one of the most memorable days I ever had till date in my life….till today the remembrance of the experience of that day brings my life to a halt….as bhang did it to me last year…..may be not….infact it did not bring my life to a halt….but helped me experience all three kaals at the same time…I could reflect my past…see my present……and imagine my future…..things were moving at the speed of sound….my brain was experiencing some kind of waves..(Can call it tsunami kind of waves….) totally devastating……I was scared….and regretted having bhang that day…..constantly uttering in my unconscious or conscious state (still don’t know….what state I was in) “why did I have bhang”…..

It all started with a glass of the deadly drink……..It was my 1st time….had a glass 1st but could get any sensation so went for another and then……….

Slowly and gradually…..it began to make an impact on me…….for sometime I was ok….saw others too….almost everyone was a bit high…some crying…some laughing, some in a stage of shock…it was a sight….funny but at the same time gave me goose bums……I was still ok…...but after I sat in the sun for few minutes I started losing it all……I decided to go back to the room….and on my way back I was caught by my friend…who figured out that I was gone…..he lifted me (it’s the easiest task possible) and after a few spins he threw me in the mud…..and that was the moment I thought I was totally out…..I got really really scared and psyched, only thing I could see was my room……wanted desperately to be in the room asap….as didn’t want to make a fool of myself (but don’t think I was able to do it)…reached room…..decided to have a bath……and again the bathing time was an experience of its own….falling water on my head made me go even crazier…….clogging water in the bathroom made me feel that I will get drowned….man its was terrifying…..felt extremely weak…couldn’t bathe properly…..but right now was not at all bothered about it….went to the room…and fell flat on the bed….tried sleeping……but couldn’t…..started getting chilling thoughts (“ I will jump from the 1st floor” ) and few more such ideas….now I was totally mind f***ed…

Called my friends and wanted everyone around me……as I was in the state where I could do anything…so wanted them to be around and save…..me….(thanks all for helping me out through it) It was really embarrassing for me but couldn’t help it….and totally helpless….. I was doing things knowingly…but couldn’t stop myself from doing it….I had fun….everyone had fun… (Especially A and P)… few got really irritated and angry with my behavior (no hard feelings, I can understand what you would have gone through)….and sorry to all whom I abused……After 3-4 hours of nautanki I went off to sleep……..thank god….

Till today we all discuss about each one’s experiences of the Bhang day….especially who all had it for 1st time….still laugh like anything on it….most of us regret having it…..but I am sure few of us are going to have it again tomorrow…..this is one incident (if new one is not better) I think each one (who experienced it) of us will narrate it to our grandchildren……..

2 comments:

Aur Batao said...

holi is over....and i still think that last year's was more fun.....one which still remains written in golden words in the history book....

ecofatigue said...

yes..absolutely..:)